Ever wanted to do an IRONMAN triathlon? Want to learn more about how your training and nutrition?
Iron Distance Research Study: Participation Expression Of Interest.
The Sport, Health and Exercise Research Group at the University of Hertfordshire are looking for healthy volunteers to take part in training and nutrition study before participating in the 2013 Barcelona Challenge Triathlon.
The research programme is expected to start in January 2013, and will involve a monitored 6 month preparation period before undertaking an 8 week study prior to the Barcelona Challenge Triathlon in late September 2013.
If you are interested in taking part – firstly check if the following criteria apply to you:
1) You must be aged 18-50 years (both men and women welcome)
2) Have not undertaken an Ironman Triathlon or equivalent before
3) Anything less than Olympic distance triathlon is fine, but not within the past 2 years.
4) Consider yourself ‘recreationally active’ ie: train <4 times per week
5) Consider yourself to be healthy and able to take part in Ironman level training
6) Be available to take part in the 2013 Barcelona Challenge event (www.challenge-barcelona.es) at a reduced rate.
What to do now:
To express your interest in taking part in the research programme, and to find out more, please email Dr Justin Roberts: firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date: 14th September 2012.