It was billed as the battle of the Olympic favourites, and one man stood out from the rest of the field: Alistair Brownlee. On his return to ITU racing Brownlee smashed the rest of the field – including his brother and Javier Gomez – to win by nearly a minute (a world in ITU racing).
On his way to victory Alistair clocked a 29:51 run – more than 40-seconds faster than his brother Jonathan (30:37).
More to follow…
ITU World Triathlon Series Kitzbuhel
Top 5 Men
1. Alistair Brownlee (GBR) 01:50:13
2. Jonathan Brownlee (GBR) +00:49
3. Javier Gomez (ESP) +01:05
4. Alexander Bryukhankov (RUS) +01:14
5. Dmitry Polyansky (RUS) +01:28