Zone3, the cutting-edge British triathlon brand, today announces the new addition to its hugely popular wetsuit range, the Advance. Available for both men and women, it is the first performance wetsuit for under £100 on the market. The wetsuit, with its affordable price-tag enjoys all the benefits of a higher end wetsuit, not scrimping on performance, comfort or looks. It is the perfect wetsuit for novices or those not wanting to spend too much, but still keen to get the most out of their swimming.
The Advance, with an RRP of £99, is based on the design of some of the other Zone3 wetsuits, which have some of the highest rated reviews on the market. Subtle changes to the material and thickness of the suit has enabled the cost to be kept down and gives great value for money.
2012 is a momentous year for the UK and with an elite triathlete, James Lock, at the Zone3 helm it is keen to make sport more accessible to all by offering a complete range of wetsuit, from the World’s most exclusive – the MMXII – to the world’s most affordable performance suit – the Advance.
The Advance wetsuit, predominantly aimed at those new to the sport, comes with great flexibility around the shoulders and arms for a comfortable and energy efficient swim. This is key to the novice, who will be grateful to save energy over longer distance swims or races. It also has a ‘core support system’ built in which gives extra buoyancy on the torso and thighs to help maintain streamlined swimming and increase efficiency. The thickness of 2mm around the shoulders and underarms, 3mm on the chest and upper back and 4mm on the torso, legs and side panels to give you a great balance and natural feeling swim. In addition, 70 per cent of the wetsuit used Zone3’s ‘SpeedFlo’ coating which minimises any drag through the water, increasing speed and improving durability. The remaining 30 per cent is made from a fully rubberised smooth skin neoprene.
The wetsuit also comes complete with the Zone3 trademark Pro-Speed Cuffs on the lower legs and a high quality YKK downwards zipper to help increase speed of removal; another area novice triathletes need to get to grips with in Transition 1. It is fully stitched and glue bonded increasing flexibility and comfort.
James Lock, founder of Zone3 says: “Wetsuits are usually one of the more expensive purchases triathletes and open water swimmers make for their sport. The swim sets your race up and struggling with cheaper wetsuits can have a negative effect on the rest of your race. However, novice or not, some do not want to spend the money on top of the range wetsuits, but nor do they want to end up with something that is sluggish, inflexible and hinders their performance. The Zone3 Advance is the perfect balance between price and quality. We’ve worked hard to ensure the Advance contains all the features required for an enjoyable swim; from flexibility to buoyancy to being able to get it off quickly. And looking the part is just as important.”
The Advance wetsuit is also available to hire via the Zone3 website. You can hire the wetsuit for various periods, from one week to the whole season and should you wish to keep it at the end, you have the chance to buy it. See www.RaceZone3.com for more details.
Zone3 wetsuits, worn by novices to professionals, have already achieved multiple 10/10 reviews and ‘Top Value’ awards. The Aspire also received runner up at this year’s 220 Awards in the ‘Wetsuit of the Year’ category.
Those interested in purchasing an Advance can find more information at www.RaceZone3.com. Price: £99. It is available from May 21st 2012.